Every year the number of users of banking (plastic) cards from all over the world increasing and Tajikistan is no exception.
Plastic card – is a personalized payment tool that provides the ability to use your card the face of non-cash payment for goods and services, as well as withdraw cash at bank branches and ATMs.
First credit card was found in the early 50-ies of the last century. Subsequently, cards began to improve in the 70’s first appeared a magnetic strip, which contained information on the cardholder and the state of his account, and in the 90 years they have become chips.
Let’s consider the types of plastic cards. Bank cards are debit, credit, and also authorized overdraft.
Debit card is a plastic bank card used for payment for cash of goods and services available in your account, and withdraw cash from ATMs and cash desks.
Credit card allows you to make purchases or other transactions on credit even if you have zero or negative balance on the account.
Cards with overdraft combine the advantage of debit and credit cards. With this card you can use the amount that is available on the account, and you can use the loan provided by the bank at the shortage of funds. Another advantage of the plastic card with overdraft interest is lower compared to credit cards.
For example, you buy goods at amount of 500 somoni and in the account you have 470 somoni. In this case, you can pay for the goods for the amount of 500 somoni. Credit for 30 TJS will give you the bank, and after a month the percentage will be credited only for 30 somoni.
Also, plastic cards are divided into:
- Internal (local) - limited to the borders of the country. For example, the main local card is “Korti Milli” in our country.
- International - used both abroad and inside the Tajikistan, major international cards are VISA, Maestro, MasterCard and recently the popular payment system Union Pay becoming increasing popular.
- It is desirable that cards should be kept in a special place, where the risk of contact with the minimal water.
- If you carry the card with yourself, then it must be in your wallet (or purse) or other accessories that protect card from damage.
- It is undesirable to keep the card near the household appliances and audio equipment;
- Magnetic clasps are also undesirable in accessories, in which you keep your card.
This material was taken from the elc. materials textbook of “Basics of Financial Literacy” Hikmatov U.S.; Koychueva M.T. Proc. allowance. – B .: KRSU, 2015. -str.121